We provide borehole installations for every situation with unique environment requirements; Tovila Water Solutions have over 15years experience in drilling and rehabilitation of boreholes in Ghana and in Nigeria.
At Tovila Water Solutions, you get the complete borehole installation service, which includes aspects of the borehole Construction and Layout, Water Testing Services Kit(Testing Kits) and Lab Sampling, and for technical support, you have the option of 24/7 Call Center and Professional Visit(PV).
This service is provided to Corporate and Individuals for both Commercial and Residential use.
Our Process always follows this format
Using our specialist knowledge and equipment, we can carry out our investigations and testing, enabling us determine the customer water demand, soil quality and borehole positioning.
- The objective of site investigation is to gather information to determine the properties of the soil or rock formation and interpret how it will affect any proposed development design.
- Samples of the soil are collected from varied depths using several different types of site investigation tools and machinery
- The sampling of water and gases present in the ground are also collected
- The site investigation are great at providing the client with a cost savings on project by enabling us to foresee and forewarned of any problems that may occur.
- The information gathered will establish the potential geological, geotechnical and environmental risks involved in the development and its risk assessment report
- Tovila Water Solutions have a specialists and experienced team who can advise on the most suitable method for each individual project base on the investigation report.
After the drilling borehole, it is very important to carry out a pump test to monitor and record the flow of water from the borehole. This also determines the pumping requirements along with the quantity and quality of the water been supply.
The Pump test is carry out to gather the following information:
- Flow Rate per second
- Recovery Rate second
- Water Quality been supply
- Pump Size Require
This enables us to select the correct size pump to maximize the efficiency of the borehole and to gather water samples to check the quality of the water produced. The water samples are than tested by either the Ghana Standard Authority or SGS and sometimes by private laboratory research Institute that are accredited to establish the quality of the water.
From the results, we can specify a water treatment solution to comply with the Ghana Standards or WHO guidelines of potable water to ensure water pumped is safe for use.
Using a submersible pump, this test is normally carry out for a total of eight hours for boreholes abstracting up to 20m cubed. However depending on the performance this may be increased to a longer duration period and for boreholes exceeding 20m cubed, the test is determined and carried out in accordance with Environment Agency guidelines.
- Step Test – During this test, the pump flow rate is increase in steps at regular intervals. This test is particularly useful for us to determine the effectiveness of the borehole.
- Constant Rate Test – following the Step test is the CRT test, during the CRT test the borehole is pump at a constant rate over a period ranging from eight to 48 hours, the discharge are also kept constant for the duration of the test. The water levels of the borehole is recorded and the assessment result will determine the sustainable yield of the borehole and its performance and potential.
Recovery Test – The recovery of the water level is measure whilst the borehole is pumping immediately after the Constant Rate Test and when the pump was switch off. This recovery test is very useful in assessing the effects of pumping and the possibility of dewatering of aquifers that may result due to the limited extent of an aquifer. The recovery test will also tell us at what level is the aquifer is dewater by measuring the residual drawdown after the borehole was allow to recover. It gives an indication of the longevity of borehole water supply.
We consider automation of boreholes that cannot run for more than half a day as part of our responsibility here in Tovila water solutions, because the pump can run dry and breakdown. After undertaking the necessary pump flow test, we include automation in our installation as a protective measure for the job when necessary.
Working to Industry Guidelines and Regulations
At TWS we ensure that the borehole been drilled are safe and reliable with minimum disturbance and disruption to your soil and environment.
We mobilize our drilling rig to the site and set up in a suitable pre-agreed location, we drill a hole and install a temporary casing into the rock-head to support the loose soil and broken ground above. This allows us to start drilling to the full borehole depth required wile abiding to the Regulatory standards
The depth of the borehole varies according to conditions and request but the standard depth is 100meters notwithstanding we can drill up to 200meters with various diameter sizes.
THE BENEFITS OF DRILLING A BOREHOLE
- Safe and clean drinking water that supports you healthy lifestyle
- High water quality and pressure
- Uninterrupted, all year water supply
- Healthy workforce, increase business productivity
- Short maintenance cycle
- Lower TCO(Total Cause of Ownership)
- Add value to your property/business